In its nine seasons, SEHA – Gazprom League was full of milestones, records and surprises. But only a few players can say that their records applies to the entire course of the SEHA League.
One of them is a new member of the League, incredible Mikita Vailupau who has been unstoppable this season in Meshkov Brest’s jersey! He set not one, but two records – against Metaloplastika he scored 20 goals (most goals in one match by a player), 14 of them in one half (most goals in one half by a player). He is a part of another record, but more about that later as he shares it with two other players. Following some order, it is worth mentioning reigning champions Vardar and newcomers Motor Zaporozhye. They scored most goals (81) in one match, specifically, the one in which Vardar celebrated with 44:37 at home.
Leaving 9th season behind, we present you our record-holders from the previous eight seasons. Bruno Butorac is leading in assists (12) thanks to a selfless match from the season 2017/18 in Tatran’s jersey against Meshkov Brest. Young Metalurg’s centre back Stefan Dodic is the youngest player (15 years and 221 days) who stepped on the SEHA court in its history. In the season 2015/16, Veszprem won against Maks Strumica with 50:16 (+34 goals) setting that way a record ‘’the biggest winning margin’’.
We must mention four goalkeepers with most saves (23) made in a match – Ivan Pesic, his namesake Ivan Stevanovic, Tibor Ivanisevic and Urban Lesjak. When it comes to most 7m goals scored in a match by a player, three players are leading the way with 9 penalties – already mentioned Mikita Vailupau, together with Momir Ilic and Martin Serafimov.
They all deserve a round of applause for setting some records among so many respectable individuals and clubs that are a part of the SEHA – Gazprom League.
SEHA SINGLE-GAME RECORD BOOK
1. MOST GOALS IN ONE HALF BY A PLAYER - Mikita Vailupau (14 goals)
2. MOST GOALS IN ONE MATCH BY A PLAYER - Mikita Vailupau (20 goals)
3. MOST ASSISTS IN A MATCH BY A PLAYER - Bruno Butorac (12 assists)
4. YOUNGEST PLAYER TO PLAY IN A MATCH - Stefan Dodic (15y and 221 days)
5. MOST GOALS IN ONE MATCH - Vardar and Motor Zaporozhye 44:37 (81 goals)
6. THE BIGGEST WINNING MARGIN - MKB MVM Veszprem and Maks Strumica 50:16 (34 goals)
7. MOST SAVES MADE IN A MATCH - Ivan Pesic, Ivan Stevanovic, Tibor Ivanisevic, Urban Lesjak (23 saves)
8. MOST 7M GOALS SCORED IN A MATCH BY A PLAYER – Mikita Vailupau, Momir Ilic, Martin Serafimov (9 penalties)